INFECTION CONTROL MEASURES AT THE SCIENCE CENTER
At the Science Center you can still have fun with family and friends! We take all precautions to ensure that visitors are as safe as possible and several measures and changes have therefore been introduced in the exhibitions. This mainly means that some installations have been taken out of use, and in others changes have been made to adapt them to national and local infection control rules. In Trondheim municipality, it is recommended to use a face mask for all persons from 12 years and up in all public spaces where you can not keep more than one meter away from others at all times. The Science Center is a historic building and therefore has many narrow spaces and corridors, which is why we recommend the use of face masks while visiting. In addition to thorough washing after each group, and restrictions on the number of visitors, our guides will carry face masks as long as that is recommended by national and local authorities.
We sell face masks in our Science Store, if anyone should need it.
During periods with a lot of visits (weekends and school holidays), visitors can pre-purchase tickets for 11:00, 13:00 or 15:00, and be at the Science Center for two hours from the start time. Our guides will help you keep track of the time and routines during the visit.
It is also possible to buy tickets at the door if you have not bought in advance, but only if there is available capacity at the time you want to visit the center.
Due to restrictions on the number of people per room where we hold activities, not everyone who visits the Science Center will be able to participate in an activity. We apologize for this and encourage you to be out early if you want to participate in, for example, a science show or planetarium show.
Below we describe our most important infection control adaptations, and what you can and should do to show care for others while you are visiting. Should you have any questions or feedback before, during or after your visit, we will be happy for your feedback on tel. 72 90 90 07 or email@example.com .
People with symptoms of COVID-19 or symptoms of respiratory infections are asked not to visit the Sceice Center.
We encourage all visitors to avoid congestion on the way to the Science Center. There are public parking spaces and parking garages in Trondheim, but if you have the opportunity to walk or cycle, Trondheim has both nice bike paths and nice walking paths into the city center.
Due to the maximum number of persons in the same place, there may be some waiting time outside the Science Center, in the exhibitions or at the activities. We ask for your understanding of this.
We need your help to ensure a good and safe experience for everyone. We believe that you are well trained in infection control routines already and ask you to bring the good habits into the Science Center.
- Read and follow the advice from posters about hand washing routines and cough hygiene.
- All visitors must wash or put antibac on their hands before entering the exhibitions.
- Keep a good distance to others, at least one meter and preferably more.
- Be aware if there is a queue or a gathering of visitors, for example at the checkout, entrance or in the store. Pay attention to your immediate surroundings.
- We encourage contactless payment by card or VIPPS.
- Alcohol dispensers are available to the public, and it is encouraged to use these both before, during and after the visit to the exhibitions.
- The wardrobes are closed. Bags can be placed in the wardrobe area at your own risk.
- The science center encourages all visitors to enter without equipment and leave extra clothes and things in the car if possible.
- The stairwells and some public areas will have a one-way walk - follow the signs.
- In the Science Store: It is encouraged not to touch things you should not buy. It is encouraged to keep a good distance here as well and to pay contactlessly. Wash og put antibac on your hands both before and after the visit to the Science Store.
Note: If people experience symptoms during the visit, they must leave the building. In such cases, contact the reception, and remember to keep your distance from others and touch as little as possible.
We encourage everyone who has visited the Science Center and who is diagnosed with Covid-19, to report on tel. 72 90 90 07. If we receive such messages, we follow our own routines, which include the involvement of the infection control team in Trondheim.
Welcome to an exciting science center full of playful learning for young and old!
Read more about Trondheim municipality's and FHI's recommendations here: